The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > RipSizer

Old 11-28-2017, 11:15 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpnstump View Post
Job well done, Dino! Looks like you're trying to wean me away from my cobbled-together, shop-built version, to get one of these....

Guess I better start saving up for when they're ready for purchase; please put me on the list.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick, back many years we started with tools like yours and they worked better than cnc's in many cases. So many setups with the simple SSRK ,
tunnel routing and in one case with 5 tools inline..
planers-routers and saws to align an both sides-make 2 grooves and cut
to width parts for ez...Just like your stuff. and Burt's.
I'm sure I can"t even work like that again because the cnc makes you lazy.
No more thinking or creativity. Just pushing numbers and more numbers.

I'm a fan of your work , Burt's and all the ez builders.
No, I'm not trying to take your money...EZ is hangry this time.
Very hungry. but not for your money....

Last edited by Dino; 11-29-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:49 AM

Very nice improvements Dino. Definitely better than me flipping mine over and setting depth with a yoyo. Not good for your pocket book but since I bought the UEG and use it in combo with the square and long rail I no longer needed my EZ-One.

I also dedicated my 6-1/2" Makita 18V cordless saw to the UEG. I like cordless so much I also have both right and left bladed Makita X2 (36V) 7-1/4" circular saws.

Mike
Old 11-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Very nice improvements Dino. Definitely better than me flipping mine over and setting depth with a yoyo. Not good for your pocket book but since I bought the UEG and use it in combo with the square and long rail I no longer needed my EZ-One.

I also dedicated my 6-1/2" Makita 18V cordless saw to the UEG. I like cordless so much I also have both right and left bladed Makita X2 (36V) 7-1/4" circular saws.

Mike
Mike,
Our goal here is to follow the ez Promise even if is not good for the bottom line. I believe that making affordable and better tools ...people will be
safer and at the end things will be better for our bottom and top line.
thanks Mike.

Are you IN?
Old 12-02-2017, 11:22 AM

Default something adjustable - Miters?

Dino,

This may be the wrong place to ask this question as it is a little off of the main subject here of the adjustable UEG.

Previous threads discussed mounting miter guages and making jigs in which to assist the EZ 1 in becoming a contender with miter saws. I have a SCMS Milwaukee that I love, but would also love to part with it as it is a space hog in my garage.

With changes "in the wind" are you guys seriously looking at offering some new options that would allow EZ 1 to compete with a dedicated miter saw? If not I will need to invest in a high quality miter guage and mounting it to some sort of jig. Please help me to avoid all of that and come out with some killer application to put this issue to bed!

thanks,
Jim
Old 12-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
Dino,

This may be the wrong place to ask this question as it is a little off of the main subject here of the adjustable UEG.

Previous threads discussed mounting miter guages and making jigs in which to assist the EZ 1 in becoming a contender with miter saws. I have a SCMS Milwaukee that I love, but would also love to part with it as it is a space hog in my garage.

With changes "in the wind" are you guys seriously looking at offering some new options that would allow EZ 1 to compete with a dedicated miter saw? If not I will need to invest in a high quality miter guage and mounting it to some sort of jig. Please help me to avoid all of that and come out with some killer application to put this issue to bed!

thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim.
You can use any gauge and the best is a simple digital caliper.
the ez extrusions are very for any adaptation by the users.
Yes, A simple solution will be offered for the ez-one as well as other special flip-stops and digital remote measuring system.
I like the fact of zeroing the gauge every time you like instead of trying to calibrate the table to all parts and the calipers.

Killer applications are plenty on the miter saws and I'm working for years to find the answer. Yes, I have it know and I hope that we can start offering
some ez solutions to other tool categories.
Tablesaws, mitersaws, routing etc etc.

thanks
dino