The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > EurekaZone Forum > EZ Specials

Old 02-19-2018, 03:27 PM

Default Mounting bridge

Rick are you easy track all the way around my custom power bench it was about 8 feet long and then I wanted to be able to slide the ridge to any position I wanted so I fasten the black plastic with easy connectors I think you could take the idea of the double rail extrusion connector and possibly re-configure to an up-and-down motion I had to try and lay it in to the top of the custom power bench and then I never did use the bench I gave it to a gentleman and Houston whose name was Larry came on the form but into thousand 14 and showed a lot of interest in Power benches I think he had some health problems with knees and hips and never really used it yet he may of come to see you I'm not sure he was retired from the Coast Guard he got lots of track and fittings on bridge I originally bought two power mention from do you know when they first came out and I enjoy playing with all The different configurations you can do with a power bench I currently have one that uses a easy modified power balance the Dino offered at one time and I have settled on a first tool track but still use the easy bridge mechanism and I have drill holes in the tabletop else Tom P9 13 did I think that's the only way you can keep the material from sliding around
Old 02-19-2018, 03:52 PM

Default Bridge mounting

Well in my previous post I'll test for JPEG but they didn't show up so I will try to post a single one and if it works will put up more Rick I could not get your drain plug from the Al to open up eithe well in my previous post I'll test for JPEG but they didn't show up so I will try to post a single one and if it works will put up more Rick I could not get your Photo to open I can see the thumbnail in your post so I don't know if there's a website problem or somethings wrong with my iPad here we go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-19-2018, 03:55 PM

Default Bracket

Here is a close-up of the bracket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-19-2018, 04:33 PM

Very nice looking table!, Tw218! Many thanks for sharing.
Not sure why pics aren't showing up for you- they're showing up for me, as long as I sign in to the forum.
So, how is the design of the table working out for you? Anything you'd change? any specific features you like the most?
r
Old 02-19-2018, 05:56 PM

Tw218,

That certainly is a nice looking bench. Uses a lot of extrusions, mine was planned to have two short pieces of SME, centered where the bridge would be, and bolted to the 2x apron. Mine would be similar, although only 48" long because of limited space, except with (3) sections in t-track in the top for attaching the fence with t-bolts, making it easy to square the fence to the track. Won't need that now; the track will be set with the Y-axis dogs, and the fence located on the X-axis with dogs and connectors as shown in the photo. The photo also shows a check of the fence to track alignment - merely a formality as the holes locate them.

Not sure what you're asking about the material sliding. I won't be using the ACE in the track, although considering putting some of the Festool sponge rubber tape on the bottom of the track to stop movement, going to depend on how the whole set-up works when I get it operational, I resisted the whole dog hole top concept for a long time, but now I've used it for a while, the holes come in really handy. I'll probably wind up clamping the material to the top as I think the router puts more force than cutting with a saw - these clamps by Kreg are quick and easy to use, and really clamp the part down tight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4993.jpg (99.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5001.jpg (97.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-21-2018, 02:19 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpnstump View Post
Tom, it all sounds great! Pics of the finished product?
Finally back in the shop after the doctor signed off on me yesterday.

Took a minute to look at the attachment of the Bridge brackets to the Festool extrusions, and it actually looks as if it will work - even as is. Which is good as I can't find enough thick aluminum to make the adapters (plus I need to work around the problem of my buddy taking his mill with him when he moved to SC ), thinking though that I can mock something up out of 1/2" BB, give me a chance to make any changes while still relatively easy. I think though that the set-up is workable as is - the t-bolts clamp it nice and tight, plus there is a second contact at the top of the extrusion that's going to keep it from rocking. Want to start playing with it but need to finish up what I've got started as I don't have enough room for all the projects I have started now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5092.jpg (91.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5093.jpg (91.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-21-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp913 View Post
Finally back in the shop after the doctor signed off on me yesterday.

Took a minute to look at the attachment of the Bridge brackets to the Festool extrusions, and it actually looks as if it will work - even as is. Which is good as I can't find enough thick aluminum to make the adapters (plus I need to work around the problem of my buddy taking his mill with him when he moved to SC ), thinking though that I can mock something up out of 1/2" BB, give me a chance to make any changes while still relatively easy. I think though that the set-up is workable as is - the t-bolts clamp it nice and tight, plus there is a second contact at the top of the extrusion that's going to keep it from rocking. Want to start playing with it but need to finish up what I've got started as I don't have enough room for all the projects I have started now.
Love it when things work out, Tom.

Looks like one easy way out might be to a) replace the horiz. piece on the EZ bridge that holds the arms with a new piece of HDPE to extend across the Festool extrusion; b) add a "V" on the bottom of that new HDPE to ride in the top of the extrusion; c) drop the bridge to let that new HDPE ride on the top of the extrusion.

Seems that might help with rigidity as well as easy on/off and sliding.
r
Old 02-21-2018, 08:31 PM

Adding the 45 ledge sounds like a good idea, maybe that will be Plan "B". Unfortunately (you have to know something went wrong from that), when I bolted up the front bracket, I realized that I had a problem - it's way too high, and I guess I knew that but had just taken a couple minutes while the glue was drying and wasn't thinking. When I put the front bracket on later, it was obvious that it wouldn't work, the track attachment was hitting the top of the bracket. A few minutes watching the EZ1 video and I saw what I was doing wrong - they put the top of the bracket even with the SME, but then the fences sit on top of that so the work surface needs to be at least 1-1/2" above the top of the bracket (or, the top of the bracket needs to be 1-1/2" below the top). So, I need to make a plywood adapter to bolt to the extrusion, and then bolt the brackets to it. For a first cut, I'm going to take a 3/4" x 1/4" strip of oak, cut a rabbet on the back to clear the little lip along the top and then bolt that to the extrusion - I figure that the strip will hook on the lip and help to keep it from pivoting out. The plywood will have to be wide enough so that the bolts are outside the width of the bracket. Oh well, that's why I have a bucket of plywood scraps.............