The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 11-14-2017, 07:12 PM

Default Eureka Quality Control for Shipping

I finally broke down and ordered some EZ items on 1 Nov. I received the first four boxes on 8 Nov. One of the items I ordered was an EZ Ready Makita 5007 CS. When I unpacked it I saw it didn't come with the dust port or dust shield installed. I called the company, and they said they'd send me the two items with installation bits and a set of clamp upgrades for my trouble. It should never have been sent out that way, But their solution seemed reasonable.

I wasn't able to begin assembling the EZ One with what I had, since the last, missing box had the corner brackets. I finally received the last box yesterday and began trying to assemble today. That's when I realized the corner brackets only had two of the three connectors on each bracket, and I didn't see the missing four connectors in anything I had received. I got back on the phone and reported the missing pieces. They told me the person I needed to talk to had left for the day (2:00 pm) and he would contact me tomorrow. So, it'll be Friday at the earliest before I can get the connectors. Meanwhile, my projects are on hold. If I sound a little irritated, I am becoming so.

Then, I got on the forum and saw where Dino said he was holding the price on the EZ One and will include an additional 72" track with new purchases. We'll, guess what I also included as part of my order -- you guessed it! An additional 72" track. Yep, not starting out too well.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Master Carpenter

Hi REd,
Sorry for the above and this time we can find the track.
Chuck is in on chafre of final shipping and back-shipping stuff.
Looks like what they say is really true...
If one thing goes wrong..everything will go wrong.

I'm at the factory the whole day and every day to re-start EZ
with better results and avoid the above the same time.
I will not hide or ignore your post.
Welcome to EZ and we will do better next time.

Call the office tomorrow and we will fix everything.
Thanks and welcome.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:00 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your EZ problems, BUT am happy to hear that you've decided to give the EZ life a try. I'm sure Dino and his folks will make it right for you ASAP.

I was kind of surprised that the 72" rails won't come back into stock until Feb '18. Clearly they (EZ) are having some trouble with their extrusion stock. Things happen. Hopefully the extrusion quality - and the related customer expectation - is their main focus.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this EZ gear is built really tough and will last for many MANY years. My original tracks/clamps look exactly the same today as they did the day I bought them.

Lately I've also been trying to open my mind to the possibilities of table saw and router table use ... trying to figure out if my concerns about their safety are irrational or justified. Each time I think I see a safe way to use them I stumble upon reports of problems. Today I was researching the Grr-Ripper and came upon a Grr-Ripper related/caused table saw kickback. There was another report of a Grr-Ripper kickback that almost ripped the device out of the user's hand - not sure how bad that could have ended. So, with all my reading I am becoming more and more convinced that Dino's "Dead Wood Concept" is the way to go. It will be worth your wait!!

The upgraded clamps are pretty nice - giving you an amazing ripping capability for long wood, though I'll have to admit that I wanted both the regular and upgraded clamps at the same time, so I bought both the upgrade and a set of regular clamps to go with them.

The used EZ-One I purchased came with a set of EZ Bench Clamps - with the orange handles, and I think those very well with the EZ-One, since it is bristling with places to use the clamps - top and sides.

Enjoy your new tools RED, and I do hope you post some pictures of their use with your projects. I'd love to see them!!!

Ken K.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Master Carpenter

Hi REd.
The additional 72" is to replace the smaller pieces that we send out instead
of the one piece 72"...
running out from 72's because the us factories from 2-3 weeks
now they want 20 weeks delivery due to the trade war with china on aluminum.

But you do receive the 72"
We will offer the 2 36's at a cost price if the customer wants to keep them.

thanks and I hope you are all set to go now.

dino
Old 11-16-2017, 02:22 PM

The 36 inch tracks work GREAT with both the EZ Miter Square and the Super Smart Router Kit!!

I actually prefer using my shorter (36 inch) track with my older style EZ Square (it doesn't do angles other than 90 degrees) - it handles VERY well.

Ken K.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:36 PM

KenK

Making the EZ One decision took me a while after I sold all the Festool items. I'm hoping it was the correct one. . . . . I also picked up one of the 32" tracks to use with the SSRK when not using the EZ One. Also, Dino explained they weren't including a second 72" track with the EZ One in the future, so I was confused by that initially. Ok, understand now. I spoke with Charles there at Eurekazone about the missing connectors, and he said they would go out that morning (Wednesday) and I'd be receiving an email confirming shipment within the hour. It's now Friday and still no email or parts, so I called again. Not sure, but I think Dino answered. Told him the issue. He said he'd look into it tomorrow. I guess it'll be sometime next week before I can begin assembling everything.

I have read about the excellent customer service from Eurekazone, but, so far, I must say I'm pretty disappointed. I'm keeping all the boxes the items were shipped in just in case I don't receive the connectors soon. I'll send everything back and go back to a table saw. That's not the route I want to go, but .....

Robert
Old 11-17-2017, 11:44 PM

Delays are frustrating but the EZ advantage is the ability to customize the tools to your specific job. I've found them to be extremely versatile, portable, safe, and accurate. Also, if you need it, they will work with you to create a unique application. No one else offers that.